Avocado, Eggs & Smoked Salmon. Yum!
The days that I hit the gym hard in the morning call for a good breakfast to refuel. Instead of chugging protein shakes, I prefer a real meal of protein and healthy fats. I can’t think of any better fats than avocado, eggs and salmon. For Keto or Paleo followers, this is a wonderful meal to consider for breakfast.
First, for all high-fat low-carb diets, this is packed with 28 grabs of unsaturated fats and 19 grams of protein. Carbohydrates weight in at around 18 grams, but only 1.5 grams from sugars, the rest being fiber from the Avocado. Generally, I don’t worry about being kicked out of ketosis by something healthy like an avocado. Sure, it might happen, but I find that if I am working out 3 to 4 days a week, I can afford to eat come healthy carbs.
I hope this recipe helps spice up your morning a little bit. Please, let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments below and if you have your own recipes to share. If you like this recipe and want to know about more – sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Avocado, Eggs & Smoked Salmon Breakfast
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- 2 oz Smoked Salmon
- 1 tbsp Grass Fed Butter
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- Add butter to medium-sized frying or cast-iron pan and cook over medium heat.
- Slice avocado in half length-wise. Remove pit. Do not remove skin.
- Once pan is hot, place avocado slices, skin side down, in the pan. Crack one egg for each half and carefully drop yolk into the avocado where the pit formed a hole. Let the avocados and egg cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes while the whites cook.
- Carefully clip the avocado and egg over and cook for another minute. Season with a pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Remove eggs from pan and place on plate. Add one slice of smoked salmon on top of each avocado and serve.